I speak about user experience design and the intersection of gender and design. I also give workshops on topics like brainstorming, sketching, and public speaking.
I began my public speaking career with one of my favorite talks, Designing for a Female Audience. This presentation earned the nickname the “shrink it and pink it” talk. (View it on Slideshare or listen to a podcast of the talk at SXSW.)
Selected Speaking Engagements
I’ve spoken at dozens of design conferences. I’ve also spoken at local events and meetups. Some of my speaking engagements include these events:
- Scenic City Summit / August 2016
- IA Summit / April 2015
- GIANT Conference / June 2014
- UX Cambridge (UK) / September 2013
- Intro to UX Class (Girl Develop It Philadelphia) / March 2013
- UX Camp Ottawa / October 2012
- Wharton Web Conference / July 2012
- Midwest UX / June 2012
- SXSW Interactive / March 2012
- On Shrink It & Pink It: Designing for a Female Audience (View on Slideshare | Listen to a Podcast)
- Collaborative Brainstorming for Better UX (View on Slideshare)
- Useful, Usable & Desirable: Designing for People (Watch a Video of the Talk)
- Introducing UX Into a Culture: A Case Study (View on Slideshare)
Want Me to Speak at Your Conference or Event?
Please contact me and I’ll be happy to chat!